truly earn the respect you deserve and others will know you respect them as well. Respect is wanted from all of us and you will truly be appreciated for this.
2. Lead Others without Being an Attention Hog! Others love to be included and supported. As a leader, the most unattractive thing you can do is to put your own tiara on and make the world all about you. Others like help but also want support through a team approach. When you turn situations into a me, me, me conversation, you push others away because they feel like they get nothing out of the deal.
You are a leader, now lead OTHERS and SUPPORT THEM! Don't get me wrong, it is often a bit inspiring to share and disclose something personal to others as long as you don't consume the entire moment. You want to influence others and inspire them to see their own strengths and skills. You want to build their confidence to get the best possible outcome from them.
3. Mentor! It's OK to say "I don't know" or "Let's me find out for you". You will be so much more appreciated and respected for it. Be credible - teach what you are good at and skilled at. Don't fake it till you make it so to speak like so many people in the online world have been trying to do these days. Know your STUFF! The impersonators eventually get recognized for what they are - Impersonators! This is why we see people have what your hear as "having their 5 minutes of fame". If you can't carry your weight in skill, confidence and ability, you can bet eventually the truth will shine through.
Mentor others in the best possible way. As a mentor, you want to embrace each situation uniquely. Trust in your skills and experience to make the best situation possible for others.
4. Get a Mentor! If you are going to be a great leader, you really need to first learn who you are as a person. That means understanding your own personal strengths and knowing what it is you need to work on yourself. Having your own personal mentor can help you to grow and also teach you how to address stress and cope with challenges that you-yourself struggle with. Mentors can help you to build your own personal confidence which is crucial as a leader. They also can assist you in learning how to manage emotions when building your leadership and development skills
5. Inspire! The one thing each and every great leader is remembered for is their ability to provide inspiration. If you want to lead in a powerful way, you want to encourage others to succeed and be their best. You want them to achieve their highest potential. What is most desirable for the person you are working with? Once you know that, place strong emphasis on that and push forward to help others reach success.
6. Know Yourself! Yep, you guessed it. I shared a lot about about knowing yourself in #4. I can't emphasize this enough. You can't help others and be a good leader if you aren't truly good with yourself. Do your homework! Take care of yourself! Get confident and build on your skills. Good leaders don't just wake up one day and become good leaders. They spend a lot of time getting to know themselves first and they grow from that.
7. Be Credible! A good leader practices what they preach! They do unto others as they would like done to them. This really goes hand in hand with #3 as you need to know your skills and know your STUFF! Don't impersonate and pretend to be what you are not. We all have things we are good at and are passionate about. These are the things that we can certainly lead others on.
So there you have it. Do you want to be remembered or resented as a leader? You make the choice. As a leader, engage others, build a team and community and support those who are your followers. Shine! Do you have other tips you find helpful as a leader? We would love for you to share them with the readers here at Dedicated 2 Life. Let's learn together- leave a comment about this post or leadership below.
You might also like these posts on professional development:
| || |
Like our Website? Help us to Gain More Exposure So We Can Continue Our Success and Do Even Better for You!
We would love to make sure that you don't miss any future posts from Dedicated 2 Life. Just click below: